New Patient Information
Welcome! We would love to see how we can help you stop pain, feel better, and live better!
Here’s how to start:
- Call our Bel Air office at (410) 877-8077 or our Overlea office at (410) 882-8955 to schedule your new patient appointment. Please be prepared to provide your personal & insurance information so we can enter you into our system.
- Please print off the forms (below) and bring it with you to your first appointment.
- Click here for directions to our Bel Air office, or here for our Overlea office. Make sure to bring a photo ID and your insurance card with you, along with any recent imaging reports or referrals from your doctor.
Maryland Spine Institute offers our patient form(s) online so they can be completed in the convenience of your own home or office.
- All forms are PDF files. You will need AdobeReader® to view them.
- If you do not already have AdobeReader® installed on your computer,
Click Here to download.
- Download the necessary form(s), print them out and fill in the required information.
- Bring the necessary form(s) to your appointment.
New Patient Paperwork
Please contact our office regarding your specific benefits and coverage or for affordable private pay options.
Our office participates with many insurance companies. Please contact our office regarding your specific benefits and coverage. Our staff will verify your benefits for you prior to your visit and will explain your coverage to you as well.
NO INSURANCE OR PRIVATE PAY OPTIONS
If you do not have insurance, we are pleased to offer a wide range of in-house payment plans, as well as affordable financing options through CareCredit. We can accommodate any financial situation.
What to Expect
CONSULTATION & EXAMINATION
The first step is a one on one consultation with a Doctor to discuss your health-related problems, concerns, as well as potential treatment options. Your first visit is designed for your doctor to learn more about you, your condition and your expectations to determine whether care will meet your goals.
After your consultation, the Doctor will perform a complete neuromusculoskeletal (nerves, muscles, joints) examination to assess your range of motion, strength, posture, etc. This is not painful and nothing will be done in our office without your consent.
Our office now offers state-of-the-art digital x-rays that are taken in the office for your convenience. Dr. Herold will closely analyze the x-rays and use objective measurements to determine the severity of the condition and develop a treatment plan.
Some conditions require advanced imaging, such as a MRI or CT to see soft tissues (discs, tendons, ligaments, etc.). Our Doctors use this clinical information to help determine your condition and the best treatment options for you.
REPORT OF FINDINGS
After your examination & imaging studies are completed, you will come back to our office for a second visit to receive your report of findings. During the report of findings, Dr. Herold will review your exam and diagnostic findings and let you know if we can help you. If we can help you, he will explain the customized treatment plan he has developed for you. We also will go over your insurance benefits and/or the financial plans that best fit your situation. If we cannot help you, he will discuss other options available that can help with your condition.