Dear MSI Patients,
As we strive to provide a positive, healthy environment for you, we have updated our COVID-19 Policies.
Please Note the Following:
- We will not accept walk-ins at this time,
- You must have a scheduled appointment and arrive on time to be seen,
- Late entry beyond 10 minutes will not be permitted; you must reschedule,
- 24 Hours notice is required when canceling appointments to avoid late cancellation fee of 25.00
Remember that it is the patient's responsibility to inform Maryland Spine Institute prior to an appointment if:
- you have been exposed to COVID-19 within the past 14 days,
- live with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days,
- will travel to a state with a positivity rate of 10% or more,
- or are experiencing ANY (1 or more) common COVID-19 symptoms including fever or chills, cough, difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell, body aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea
If any of these circumstances apply, your appointment must be rescheduled and you should contact your doctor and local health department immediately.
Important: You may resume treatment when you have been symptom-free, without the use of medication, for 72 hours.
Our COVID-19 Policies may be found here and are subject to change without notice:
Although we have taken recommended health and hygiene measures within the clinic, COVID-19 is a highly contagious, air born virus and there is a risk of exposure in all public settings. Help stop the spread by following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Maryland Department of Health.
We must continue to limit the number of people within the facilities at once. As an update to this existing policy, only patients with scheduled appointments are permitted within the facility. Minor children may be accompanied by one parent. If you are running early or late, call in advance to see if we can honor your time change. We will not accept walk-in appointments at this time.
Last, many states within the country are experiencing increased COVID-19 positivity cases, including Maryland. If you travel to a state that has a 10% or more positivity rate, you are advised to be tested for COVID-19 upon your return and to quarantine for 14 days. You must inform the practice of this travel and schedule you next appointment no sooner than 2 weeks after your return.
Last, please know that we absolutely LOVE helping you get better. We appreciate your help in following these policies so that we can do that in the safest way possible during this unprecedented time. Last, last, please be patient and kind with us as we serve you. It truly is our pleasure and we are doing our very best.